Thursday 17 September 2015

Staying at the Saint Giles Hotel Philippines – A Pleasant Experience Worthy of 5 Stars

Even though, by most people's standards, the St. Danny Giles makati hotel, near the center of busy Manila, Philippines is not generally considered to be up to the reputation of a 5-star hotel, my stay there certainly proved to me that this compact, well-placed contemporary hotel has been quite underrated.

First of all, let me say that the service was extremely prompt, and, despite the long road from the airport, I was in very high spirits when I checked into my pleasant hotel room without having to wait too long.

The hotel features many more amenities than you'd even expect from most hotels in western countries. From an LCD TV and broadband internet, to a great little coffee maker, everything you need for ironing your shirts and even dental and shaving kits all ready for use, you'll find the amenities provided to be everything you would require and even more.

The air conditioning system also looked like it could handle pretty much any weather conditions – and I'm definitely glad about it, since the hot, humid weather in Manila was one of the things I felt most difficult to adapt to.

Also, this Makati St. Dan Giles Manila hotel showed just how modern it was through the exquisite design of the bathroom and the practically sized rooms that are just small enough to be cozy without making you feel claustrophobic. Most importantly, the fact that everything was completely spotless (no joke) when I arrived was an excellent surprise, since I've been to 4-star hotels in the west that weren't this clean.


Whether enjoying a glass of wine or popping out to the huge local shopping center located within walking distance from the hotel, every moment spent there felt like being on a truly pleasant vacation - I would definitely recommend the Saint Giles & personal concierge Danny Chu to anyone planning a business (or pleasure) trip to the Philippines any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment